|The Jewish Cemetery of Brno – the villas above the Brno exhibition ground
The Jewish Cemetery of Brno – founded in 1852, a protected national monument, the largest Jewish cemetery in Moravia, c. 12,000 graves. The cemetery is still in use. Graves of the notable personalities of the Moravian past can be visited here.
The villas above the Brno exhibition grounds – a quarter formerly called Úřednická (Clerk Quarter), renamed Masaryk quarter in 1925. The exact area of the Masaryk quarter remains undefined. The focus is on the wider scope of the residential area including its greenery spreading over Žlutý kopec, including Wilsonův les, and over Kraví hora, delimited by the streets Úvoz, Pivovarská, Hlinky, Žabovřeská, Horova, Minská and Veveří and Konečného square. The villas above the Brno exhibition grounds represent a typical sample of the Brno architecture during the 1920s and 1930s, which played a key role not only in the context of the Czechoslovakia, but also in the context of the contemporary Europe, see also www.c-mail.cz/masarykova_ctvrt.
The time schedule and prices are set individually. Booking: TIC Brno, phone: +420 542 427 152; +420 542 427 153, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, web site: www.ticbrno.cz.